Adult MinistryGrowing Together in Faith
Growing in faith is an ongoing process and Salem is intentional in providing opportunities for a variety of ages and stages in faith as well as life. We also recognize that needs change and welcome your input on upcoming possibilities for study and growth ministries.
Whether on a Sunday morning or at some point during the week, connecting with a small group is a great way to grow closer to God through the study of scripture and connecting with others who have questions and are striving to become more faithful disciples of Jesus. Some of these groups use the lectionary (a three-year cycle of studying the scripture) while others use short-term, seasonal or topic studies. All groups are open to anyone.
Don’t see what you are looking for? Want to know how to connect to a group? Interested in starting a study? Contact us using the form at the bottom of the page.
Sunday Morning Groups
The following groups meet each week at 9:45 am:
- Adult Fellowship Class – Lectionary – Room 3
- Crusaders – Lectionary – Room 11
- Growing in Faith Together – Seasonal/Topic studies– Room 9
- Joyful Christians – Seasonal/Topic studies – Room 13
- Pathfinders – Lectionary – Room 12
- NEW Young Adult Class – Topical/Questions of faith – Room 8
Weekly & Short-term Groups
- Tuesdays – Seasonal/topic studies this group meets each week at 7:00 pm in the home of a member. Our summer study is The Mayberry Bible Study based on the Andy Griffith series and will run July 11 through August 15.
- 10:00 am – Women’s Study – No meeting during the summer
- 6:30 pm – Young with the Restless – No meeting during the summer
Walk to Emmaus
United Methodist Women
- Tabitha’s Hands – This group focuses on service through needlework (knitting and crochet) including the prayer shawl ministry.
- Circle of Friends
- Helping Hands
For more information on the global connection of UMW, Click Here
United Methodist Men
*March 16 – Luncheon with a focus on St. Patrick’s Day. Sign up by March 12.
*June 3 – Narroway Theater – “Not Just Another Love Story” tickets are $32 (with lunch). Register now as seats go quickly. See the sign-up sheet for more information including price without lunch.