Adult MinistryGrowing Together in Faith
Growing in faith is an ongoing process and Salem is intentional in providing opportunities for a variety of ages and stages in faith as well as life. We also recognize that needs change and welcome your input on upcoming possibilities for study and growth ministries.
Whether on a Sunday morning or at some point during the week, connecting with a small group is a great way to grow closer to God through the study of scripture and connecting with others who have questions and are striving to become more faithful disciples of Jesus. Some of these groups use the lectionary (a three-year cycle of studying the scripture) while others use short-term, seasonal or topic studies. All groups are open to anyone.
Don’t see what you are looking for? Want to know how to connect to a group? Interested in starting a study? Contact us using the form at the bottom of the page.
Sunday Morning Groups
The following groups meet each week at 9:45 am:
- Adult Fellowship Class – Lectionary – Room 3
- Crusaders – Lectionary – Room 11
- Growing in Faith Together – Seasonal/Topic studies– Room 9
- Joyful Christians – Seasonal/Topic studies – Room 13
- Pathfinders – Lectionary – Room 12
- NEW Young Adult Class – Topical/Questions of faith – Room 8
Weekly & Short-term Groups
- Tuesdays – Seasonal/topic studies this group meets each week at 7:00 pm in the home of a member. Current study is “Half Truths” by Adam Hamilton
- 10:00 am – Women’s Study – Currently studying “Broken and Blessed” by Jessica LaGrone in Room 9
- 6:30 pm – Young with the Restless – Parenting study each week at 6:30 pm in Room 9
- Thursdays – Disciple Fast Track New Testament – Each week at 7:00 pm in the CLC Meeting Room
There are a variety of way to connect with other adults in the life of the church. Here are a few:
Walk to Emmaus
The walk to Emmaus is an experience of Christian spiritual renewal and formation that begins with a three-day short course in Christianity. It is an opportunity to meet Jesus Christ in a new way as God’s grace and love is revealed to you through other believers. More Information
United Methodist Women
United Methodist Women has a wonderful history and is an integral part of the local church, the community and the world. At Salem, there are three UMW “Circles” that meet monthly for study, programs, outings or service. There is also a collective local monthly mission focus and details can be found at the collection site in the mission hall.
- Tabitha’s Hands – This group focuses on service through needlework (knitting and crochet) including the prayer shawl ministry.
- Circle of Friends
- Helping Hands
For more information on the global connection of UMW, Click Here
United Methodist Men
The United Methodist Men meet monthly for breakfast and a morning of service in our local community. Salem’s UMM also provide special meals throughout the year including Easter morning breakfast and Thanksgiving Dinner the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving including to-go meals for shut-ins in our community.
For more information about the global connection of UMM, Click Here
The Funtimers Council is a dedicated group that plans events for adults throughout the year. Adult luncheons (2-3 a year) include a great meal and wonderful entertainment. Outings (5-6 a year) have included historical tours, gardens, plays, Panther’s stadium tour, and other unusual or interesting places around our state.
Upcoming events include:
*March 16 – Luncheon with a focus on St. Patrick’s Day. Sign up by March 12.
*June 3 – Narroway Theater – “Not Just Another Love Story” tickets are $32 (with lunch). Register now as seats go quickly. See the sign-up sheet for more information including price without lunch.