Adult MinistryGrowing Together in Faith
Growing in faith is an ongoing process and Salem is intentional in providing opportunities for a variety of ages and stages in faith as well as life. We also recognize that needs change and welcome your input on upcoming possibilities for study and growth ministries.
Whether on a Sunday morning or at some point during the week, connecting with a small group is a great way to grow closer to God through the study of scripture and connecting with others who have questions and are striving to become more faithful disciples of Jesus. Some of these groups use the lectionary (a three-year cycle of studying the scripture) while others use short-term, seasonal or topic studies. All groups are open to anyone.
Don’t see what you are looking for? Want to know how to connect to a group? Interested in starting a study? Contact us using the form at the bottom of the page.
Sunday Morning Groups
The following groups meet each week at 9:45 am:
- Adult Fellowship Class – Lectionary – Room 3
- Crusaders – Lectionary – Room 11
- Growing in Faith Together – Seasonal/Topic studies– Room 9
- Joyful Christians – Seasonal/Topic studies – Room 13
- Pathfinders – Lectionary – Room 12
- NEW Young Adult Class – Topical/Questions of faith – Room 8
Fall Schedule for Weekly & Short-term Groups
- Tuesdays – 7:00 pm – The fall series is Creed: what christians believe and why. This group meets in a member’s home. Please contact Elinor Heermans.
- 10:00 am – Women’s Study – Women of the Bible for Women of Today
- 6:30 pm – Young with the Restless -parenting and fmaily discussion and study group.
- 7:00-8:15 pm – Disciple Fast Track – Genesis & Exodus
- 7:00 pm – Play the Man – This study helps men understand what it means to be a man of God.
- Starting November 5 at 5pm in Room 9- Women of the Bible for Women of Today
Walk to Emmaus
United Methodist Women
United Methodist Women has a wonderful history and is an integral part of the local church, the community and the world. At Salem, there are three UMW “Circles” that meet monthly for study, programs, outings or service. There is also a collective local monthly mission focus and details can be found at the collection site in the mission hall.
- Tabitha’s Hands – This group focuses on service through needlework (knitting and crochet) including the prayer shawl ministry.
- Circle of Friends
- Helping Hands
For more information on the global connection of UMW, Click Here
United Methodist Men
The Funtimers Council is a dedicated group that plans events for adults throughout the year. Adult luncheons (2-3 a year) include a great meal and wonderful entertainment. Outings (5-6 a year) have included historical tours, gardens, plays, Panther’s stadium tour, and other unusual or interesting places around our state.Upcoming events include:
*Adult Luncheon – November 9, 11:30 am in the CLC
The Fall luncheon will feature recipes from Salem’s new cookbook. Guest Speaker Steve Giordano will share his experience as a survivor of the 9/11 attack. Giordano was on the 25th floor of tower one when the attack happened. He will share his own personal experience, how it has shaped who he is today and what he believes we can all learn from 9/11. Please extend this information to others and be sure to register by November 5th. Cost of meal is a donation. Sign-up sheet is outside the church office.